I turn 30 years old this year. In about 6 months. Eep! Besides the usual “how did I get this old?” feelings, I have very little time to finish up my Thirty Before 30 list. Though I’ve done pretty well so far.
Here’s what I’ve accomplished since I first created my list in August 2011 (with links to recaps, where applicable):
1. Finish revising The Right Exposure
2. Query literary agents (Still in process but I’m marking it complete for these purposes!)
5. Go to an SCBWI LA conference
7. Go on a writing retreat
8. Create a vlog
10. Improve my blog
12. Visit a local winery
15. Learn to knit
27. Bake a cake
28. Buy a house
Here’s what’s in process:
3. Write at least two more novels
6. Read 150 books (According to my Goodreads shelf, I’ve read 100 so far.)
9. Participate in 10 Twitter chats: 3/10 complete
19. Complete Couch to 5K (This has been in process for WAY too long…)
21. Do 6 volunteer projects (2 per year): 4/6 complete (#1, #2, #3, #4)
24. Do 5 touristy NYC activities: 2/5 complete (#1, #2)
29. See Book of Mormon on Broadway (More on this soon!)
Finally, here’s what’s left on my list:
4. Write a picture book
11. Travel to at least one other continent
13. Visit Las Vegas
14. Take a Spanish conversation class
16. Purchase and learn to use a DSLR camera
17. Learn yoga
18. Do something I’ve never done before
20. Run a 5K
22. Do something nice for a friend, just because
23. Send someone a handwritten letter
25. Treat myself to a spa day
26. Be a vegetarian for a week
30. Throw a fun 30th birthday bash
Honestly, I know I won’t complete every remaining item on my list before my birthday. While I’d love to travel abroad (or even to Vegas) before I turn 30, I’m not sure it’ll happen within the next six months. I’m working on manuscript #2, but doubt I’ll finish it and a third manuscript by my deadline. I’m also not as intent on taking a Spanish conversation class, though I would like to brush up on my Spanish another way.
I’m still excited to cross off as many things as I can. Since I’m thinking at least 5 of the above items won’t happen, I made a list of alternative goals I can feasibly complete instead.
Alt 1. Read a book on personal finance.
Alt 2. Take a cooking class.
Alt 3. Write an author fan email.
Alt 4. Go on a road trip.
Alt 5. Watch 3 foreign films.
As usual, I’ll post about everything I complete! Looking forward to it. :)
Do you have any personal goals you’re excited to accomplish this year?