How I did on last week’s goals
I made good progress on my WIP but shifted my weekly goals a little. As I incorporated changes to my first 3 chapters based on CP feedback, I realized it might be helpful to write a query for this book now, so I can refer back to it when I get stuck. I struggled with it at first, but ended up with something I’m happy with. Then I decided to focus on the first 50 pages of this MS, so I put those chapters in their own folder within my Scrivener file and got to work.
My goal(s) for this week
Keep on keeping on. My overall Ready. Set. Write! goal is to have a draft ready to send to beta readers by the end of the summer, so I want to keep making progress on that front.
One word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised
This week was all about my query and beginning.
The biggest challenge I faced this week
Query writing is hard! At one point, I started doubting my book altogether because I couldn’t come up with a pitch that sounded remotely good. But I pushed through and now I’m happy with what I have, though I’m sure I’ll keep tweaking it as I get more feedback.
Something I love about my WiP
It’s different. I’ve yet to see a YA book with this premise so I hope it will stand out when it comes time to actually query!